Sunday, January 6, 2013

Young Adult Science Fiction: Assimilate by Emily Jack Hayden



I've come to like people, the ones I've gotten to know so far at Buena Vista High School. I even love some of them. This is probably what made the killing possible for me. What I feel bad about now is not the killing I did, so much as the killing I didn't do. My family and friends and everyone in our society considers us heroes- me, Nick and Andy. And I would wholeheartedly agree with the Nick and Andy part. But not me. I have failed miserably, and only I know it. This weighs on me, of course, and I think it's only a matter of time before I'll have to come clean- expose myself for the coward I really am, and for the danger I've placed us all in. Because choosing not to act is a choice all its own, and it's the one I made at the time. I accept that- I do. I own it. So now if the world ends for humankind, any or all, it will be me who is to blame. 


P5/ ebook (or $0.15)
---
Paypal ID: pinoyebookstore@gmail.com

For bulk orders or order notifications, email pinoyebookstore@gmail.com and refer to this link for OTHER payment methods. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment